I am truly humbled by the title that JD gave me over at Time for Nurses as the King of Nursing Podcasts.
My goal has always been to provide a service by combining my background as a journalist and producer with my love for nursing and health care.
The most important thing is for the nurse reading this to find some form of social media for nurses that works for them as a tool for health and educational information. Whether it is a podcast like mine or one of the others you can find in iTunes or at the ProMed Network.
Get started with social media as a nurse:
5 Ways to Find Nursing Social Media Tools
- Use this link to open iTunes and view all of the nurse podcasts in the iTunes directory.
- Check out great nurse blogs like Kim McAllister’s Emergiblog or Terri Polick’s Nurse Ratched’s Place.
- Follow the #RNChat on Twitter.
- Visit the Nursing Notes Newsletter page and become a fan by clicking the “Like” button.
- Take the advice given by Rob Fraser, author of NursingIdeas.ca and start leaving well thought out and considered comments on health care articles you find on major news sites like CNN.com or even on your local newspaper’s site.
Just start! (And listen to the Nursing Show, of course)