Nursing exams are a fact of life for all nurses. Whether you are an aspiring nurse and preparing for a school entrance exam, a recent graduate seeking licensure, or hoping to catapult your career by obtaining advanced credentials, an exam is almost always part of the equation.
Cost-Effective Nursing Test Prep
The time and money spent preparing for nursing exams can become astronomical. Many are now turning to mobile learning solutions that make exam prep more affordable and accessible. To that end, we’ve put together a short list of affordable, up-to-date smartphone apps (iPhone and Android compatible) to help you pass the exams and put your nursing skills to work.
All of these exam prep apps contain features that can help you pass your exams on the first try, saving you the cost of paying for repeat exams and enabling you to start earning more money as you progress in your career. These features include:
- Practice questions that cover all the topic areas on an exam’s official content outline
- Ability to use the app even when offline (i.e., on an airplane, bus, train, etc.)
- Detailed answer rationales that can help you understand the concepts being tested
- Study reminders, question of the day, helpful test-taking hints, in-app customer service and more
Top 12 nursing exam prep apps to help catapult your career:
- AACN CCRN: The Critical-Care Registered Nurse certification is an important credential for nurses who care for some of the most vulnerable patients. This exam prep app prepares you to answer exam questions about ethics, practice, and multiple areas of care.
- AACN PCCN: Earning the Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN) credential shows employers that you are well-prepared to provide bedside care to acutely ill adult patients. This exam prep app helps you prepare for and pass this 125-question, multiple-choice test.
- AANP FNP: Family Nurse Practitioners provide primary care to patients of all ages, including newborns and the elderly. This app includes 500 practice questions that will help you prepare for the 150 multiple-choice items on the FNP exam.
- ATI TEAS: If you hope to become a nurse, the ATI TEAS exam is a must. Schools across the country require prospective students to take the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (formerly known as the TEAS V) as part of the admissions process. This exam prep app helps students get the most out of their study break time with 1,900 practice questions.
- BCEN CEN: The emergency room is a fast-paced environment where knowledge and the ability to make sound decisions are crucial to patient survival. The BCEN Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) credential helps nurses advance in their ER careers.
- CCI CNOR: If you are a perioperative registered nurse, the CNOR is the only recognized credential. Holding a CNOR can make a big difference when applying for jobs or advancing within your current organization. This app is available from your smartphone wherever you go. Use it to maximize study time between shifts and other daily obligations.
- CNA: Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are a vital part of the health care community. While certification isn’t always necessary for employment, holding the CNA designation can have a huge impact on employability and compensation. The CNA Exam Guide app covers five content areas to help you prepare on the go.
- HESI A2: The Evolve Reach Admission Assessment, better known as the “HESI A2,” is another commonly used school entrance examination. The exam prep app covers eight content subjects with 1,600 practice questions.
- MSNCB CMSRN: The Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) designation demonstrates your abilities as a medical-surgical RN. You’ll have access to 450 practice questions with this app.
- NCBDE CDE: The increase in cases of diabetes in the United States makes the work of Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) more critical than ever before. If diabetes care and prevention is your specialty, then this app will help you prepare for the CDE credential to enhance your knowledge and credibility.
- NCLEX-PN: The NCLEX-PN is the professional exam required to become a licensed practical or vocational nurse (LPN/LVN). This app helps you prepare for the multi-format questions on this five-hour exam and obtain your license.
- NCLEX-RN: To become a registered nurse (RN) you need to pass the NCLEX-RN. This app helps you to achieve that first milestone in your career.
The technological advancements of mobile learning have made exam preparation more cost-effective and less time-consuming. As you look to the next move in your nursing career, consider adding an exam prep app to your study regimen. For more information and to download the apps you need, visit pocketprep.com.
Make sure you follow-up on the links for this news item and all of the other news and additional resource links from this week’s episode – Post Grid Nurse Author Interview and Episode 382.